Monday, July 05, 2010

The 4th of July:

America’s birthday has been 234 years ago now yet to me it still seems new. I was struck by the message from our first black president’s wife. It was about the families of those serving America in the military. Peace loving people like me tend to forget that America’s military strength is in fact what made and what keeps us free.

To my grandson who was born many years after our country was born I say thank you Marine for defending my liberty. Thank you and those who served with you and before you.

To all that serve or have served or will serve in America’s military may I say thank you. Thank you for doing your job and doing it well. And to the rest of us I can only remind you that these young men and women stand watch over all that we hold dear. Treat each of them with the respect they have so rightly earned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home